WHAT IS INTERNET MARKETING (SEM)?
Google More or Less Owns the Internet
- Google is the quickest and most cost-effective way we know to get found by prospects using keyword phrases of importance to them.
- Google is the #1 place internet users go to search for products and services. 74.54% of all global internet searches in 2017 were with Google.
- The average traffic share generated by the sites listed on the first Google search results page is 91.5 percent.
- Over half of the page clicks were won by areas of the search engine results page that were above the 4th organic (free) listing.
- Over 40 percent of revenue is captured by organic traffic. These are free clicks!
- The average traffic share the first Google organic search result gets is 32.5 percent.
Set a Goal and Budget. Then Allocate Resources to Line Up with These Results
- 51% of all website traffic comes from organic (unpaid) search.
- 10% comes from paid search, also called pay-per-click (mostly Google Ads).
- 5% comes from social media.
- 34% is from all other sources (blog articles, press releases, videos, podcasts, directory listings, backlinks [referrals] from other websites).
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) includes everything in the previous section that is not paid search. Plus optimizing content and structure on the website to attract visitors and the search engines.
- Budgets for Google ads vary widely depending on the size of the company and how much their competition typically spends.
- However, NOTHING you spend is wasted. No minimum ad buy. No lead time. Can make instant changes. Control of exact keywords and budget prevents wasted advertising. Just set a realistic budget for your own situation.